Monday, June 19, 2006

June - hot, busy, profitable

Hmm. So I'm running several weeks behind hand here partly due to a car crash that the rest of my family were in (car written off but apart from some orthodontic issues, nothing too awful). Then suddenly I got involved in too many interesting projects all at once.

Website Article Wizard has proven to be very popular and it's a powerful piece of kit that sells for too little.

I've also been working on some very interesting statistical analysis of my AdSense income from one little site that is showing astonishing promise.

I've had the usual and welcome string of emails from my subscribers and customers plus one very annoying one: a legitimate customer complained to clickbank that I wasn't replying to his emails and he wanted a refund.

I have no problem with refunds at all but what was frustrating was that I'd never received any of his emails in the first place. So somewhere out there is someone with a real grievance who has presumably been writing to me a bit recently and getting zero response.

I know how that feels and no matter how much you might accept that technology, particularly email filtering technology, gets things wrong, it is always hard not to assume that the marketer is to blame.

So this person probably thinks I couldn't care about his problems. Fact is I do. But here is where it gets really annoying: I replied in detail to him on Sunday morning having received a note from Clickbank saying that they'd refunded him.

And then his email address bounced back.

So he still doesn't know that I've tried to get in touch and is presumably still irritated at my apparent lack of customer service.

If I were him, I'd want a refund too. The real culprit is the over zealous spam filters and I've written before about these automatic email censors. If someone decided for you which letters you would get and which would go in the bin you'd be livid but somehow we've let this happen with email.

And on that subject, I have stopped manually completing spamarrest forms because the terms and conditions they apply to legitimate email senders are draconian and stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home