Setting up a new AdWords account
Today I had to set up a simple AdWords account for a business here in the UK. Quite a simple campaign was all that was needed and I'm now waiting for my client to enter his credit card details and once that's done, we'll be off and running.
His business I suspect is ideal for AdWords because it is a tight niche so I think we'll be getting high value low cost clicks. He also has within his niche 3 different types of customer so I've created 3 separate sets of keywords and ads each addressed to one of those types.
Where it will not work out so well is once people land on his web site because it is not remotely well tuned as a lead generation engine but then few sites are.
As usual I've also come back to work after the break to see a number of emails from people who have been banned from AdSense. I can't work out if there's a pattern here or not: there seems to be a steady rise in the number of messages I get about it but then my subscriber list is getting bigger too.
Of course, many of these problems arise from people clicking on their own ads but in some cases there does seem to be some other cause.
His business I suspect is ideal for AdWords because it is a tight niche so I think we'll be getting high value low cost clicks. He also has within his niche 3 different types of customer so I've created 3 separate sets of keywords and ads each addressed to one of those types.
Where it will not work out so well is once people land on his web site because it is not remotely well tuned as a lead generation engine but then few sites are.
As usual I've also come back to work after the break to see a number of emails from people who have been banned from AdSense. I can't work out if there's a pattern here or not: there seems to be a steady rise in the number of messages I get about it but then my subscriber list is getting bigger too.
Of course, many of these problems arise from people clicking on their own ads but in some cases there does seem to be some other cause.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home