Friday, April 28, 2006

More on BlogIndexTest - the first results are coming in

In my post on April 24th 2006 i.e. about 3 days ago, I mentioned that I was doing a test to see how long it took for my blog to be indexed by the search engines. The method was simply to introduce a new word that did not currently show up anywhere in Google MSN or Yahoo and then search for it periodically until it did show up.

So that was less than 3 days ago and I've just searched for my new word "blogindextest" on Google, MSN and Yahoo.

Result: it now exists in the MSN and Yahoo indexes but not Google. (Interesting given that blogger is owned by Google)

What I'd like to test next is whether I can get new pages (or new websites) indexed fast simply by linking to them in my blog posts. I'll run this test shortly.

Blogindextest is a trademark of Commercial Reality Ltd (!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home