Sunday, April 02, 2006

How to make money from typos

Everyone is in a hurry these days and so they type too fast (or don't know how to spell correctly in the first place) which means that when they do a search they make typos.

This is one of the easy ways of capturing low cost web traffic. I mean I just typed in blogger.com, or so I thought, and I ended up on a site I've never seen before.

People make spelling mistakes when they enter urls, or search terms etc. and certainly many AdWords advertisers set up typos as keywords.

I use AdWords to advertise a VOIP site I'm working on and get traffic there for 2 cents a click by using typos as my keywords.

If you want search engine traffic, try thinking of words that relate to your site that people often mistype and then place some of those typos on your webpages in headings, page titles etc. and you'll probably end up getting some free search engine traffic too.

Let's try bloger.com shall we. And also www.bloger.com and http://www.bloger.com and blgoger to see if that gets any traffic to this page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home