AdWords Conversion Tracking Problem
Ok, found the problem. My AdWords account seemed to be telling me that no-one was signing up for my AdSense newsletter as a result of my online advertising campaigns yet I just knew this wasn't right.
Turns out that the current "Thank you" page, where people get taken to when they've signed up, does not include the AdWords tracking code. If the code was there, it would send a message back to Google that there had been a succesful sign up. Google would then allocate that sign up to a particular keyword in my campaign and show me the conversion rate. I would then go about optimising my AdWords campaign on the basis of subscriptions rather than clicks.
So I'll get this fixed first thing this afternoon.
I've also had to trouble-shoot a problem I was having with my autoresponder but that's fixed now and I've added 3 or 4 more pages to a website.
Turns out that the current "Thank you" page, where people get taken to when they've signed up, does not include the AdWords tracking code. If the code was there, it would send a message back to Google that there had been a succesful sign up. Google would then allocate that sign up to a particular keyword in my campaign and show me the conversion rate. I would then go about optimising my AdWords campaign on the basis of subscriptions rather than clicks.
So I'll get this fixed first thing this afternoon.
I've also had to trouble-shoot a problem I was having with my autoresponder but that's fixed now and I've added 3 or 4 more pages to a website.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home