Typos in domain names - Oman traffic generation
I was just looking for a website and instead of .com I typed c.om which led me to wonder if such a domain name or TLD existed. Turns out that Oman has domain names ending in .OM.
This is interesting because I can imagine that a lot of people type c.om rather than .com and therefore one way of picking up cheap traffic could be to hijack traffic from miskeyed domain names. The morality of this is clearly an issue but supposing you are an affiliate for a company whose domain name is www.howtosavemoneywithvoip.com and you became an affiliate and bought the domain name www.howtosavemoneywithvoipc.om you could then redirect that traffic to the correct site via your affiliate link.
I took a look for Oman domain name registrars but the only one I could find charged $1000 which seems a tad steep to me.
Major business opportunity for someone I think - you could market it to all .com TLD owners who might want to protect their domain names as well as to anyone who is an affiliate of anything that is not too brand protective.
This is interesting because I can imagine that a lot of people type c.om rather than .com and therefore one way of picking up cheap traffic could be to hijack traffic from miskeyed domain names. The morality of this is clearly an issue but supposing you are an affiliate for a company whose domain name is www.howtosavemoneywithvoip.com and you became an affiliate and bought the domain name www.howtosavemoneywithvoipc.om you could then redirect that traffic to the correct site via your affiliate link.
I took a look for Oman domain name registrars but the only one I could find charged $1000 which seems a tad steep to me.
Major business opportunity for someone I think - you could market it to all .com TLD owners who might want to protect their domain names as well as to anyone who is an affiliate of anything that is not too brand protective.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home