Tuesday, March 21, 2006

How do deal with information overload

I should have thought of this before, in fact in a way I did because I've been doing it for a while without putting it into words.

Here's what you do. You scan through your emails and if they are any good and you think you might want to refer to them again one day, just forward them to your gmail account.

Likewise with any pdfs or other reports you get that you quite like - just forward them to gmail.

Then they won't clutter up your pc / mac and you won't need to worry about retrieving them again because gmail is google-searchable.

With mp3 files, I find it easiest to listen to them at an accelerated speed, take a few notes on a page in Word or whatever and then whizz them up to gmail again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home