Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Another product launch

I'm getting emails from everyone and his dog about a new product today. I'm sure it's great but I despair at the similarity of approach. At least some marketers make the effort to say something new about a product but usually it's the same old stuff: "totally blown away" "my jaw dropped" etc.

Well today its a keyword research product and I'm bored with it already. Have I looked at it?

No, not yet. I'll do that in my own time thank you very much.

How much is it? Not a clue - and why do people hide the prices of stuff so much these days?

Trouble is I can think of at least 4 more people who will be writing to me later today about it too.

On a much lighter note, today's the budget day here in the UK and Gordon "jaw-dropping" Brown (actually he really does drop his jaw between sentences, it's really odd - just like Concord with its engines switched off) delivered his 10th budget with the usual rattling off of statistics here and there.

He's a master at announcing things 18 different times. So the headline reads good stuff like taxes down in certain areas but when you read the small print you see that they are spread over 3 years so next year he'll make the same announcement again and the figure will be the total cuts over the 3 years again and not just what he's doing that year.

Anyway, I digress (which bloggers don't?)

It's let me promote a certain financial services product using a new keyword on AdWords and I've already had an order!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home