Friday, September 16, 2005

What to write in an ezine

I've been getting a little behind with my newsletter, The AdSense Insider, but it is extremely important to keep in touch with your subscribers. My aim is always to provide useful content and to make sure I do I usually run some tests on what I've written.

The logic being that the best judges of my content are my readers.

What I do is draft a message for broadcast (I use GetResponse as my autoresponder) and then I send it to about 1,000 subscribers first to see how many read it and visit my sites.

If reader numbers are low or, worse still, if lots of people unsubscribe, then I know I've got something wrong so I revise my message before re-testing on a further 1,000. But it is always a tense moment that time when you press "Broadcast" because from that moment on, your message is unstoppable: typos, bad grammar, broken links, crass comments, foolish attempts at pitching products; they all go out.

Today however I received a priceless comment back which I have permission to publish:

"Thanks for all the tips you've been sending, sad to say, I seem to have forgotten just what you are selling? Could you refresh my memory in ten words or less??"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home