Viral marketing process
Viral marketing is a fascinating subject but it can get very confusing. This morning I read a new ebook by an author I respect (it's not a public launch yet so I won't tell you who he is.) In his book is a clever viral mechanism: basically there's a link that lets you buy the resale rights to a branded version of his book.
This branded version then lets you get 100% of the income from any people who get the book from you and choose to rebrand themselves.
The book itself is free - it is really the viral vehicle that carries with it the payload of the rebranding offer.
Of course, there are also links in the book to other products and the author gets commissions from all these and in some cases the whole income because he sells a number of his own products too.
I strongly suspect that he will offer as an upgrade a fully rebranded version in which you can get affiliate commissions on sales of these products too.
Confused?
I was but in many ways it pays just to jot down on a piece of paper where the money ends up in the case of the free book, the rebranded book or the upgraded book.
This branded version then lets you get 100% of the income from any people who get the book from you and choose to rebrand themselves.
The book itself is free - it is really the viral vehicle that carries with it the payload of the rebranding offer.
Of course, there are also links in the book to other products and the author gets commissions from all these and in some cases the whole income because he sells a number of his own products too.
I strongly suspect that he will offer as an upgrade a fully rebranded version in which you can get affiliate commissions on sales of these products too.
Confused?
I was but in many ways it pays just to jot down on a piece of paper where the money ends up in the case of the free book, the rebranded book or the upgraded book.
<< Home