Thursday, September 15, 2005

The 4 rules of writing an ebook

I've spent probably 3 hours today working on a niche ebook that I'll be publishing soon. It's hard work but fun and I think the best lesson I've learned about the process is to put all critical faculties on hold whilst you hit those keys.

Write fast.
Write a lot.
Write badly.
But do write.

Then you can get out the marker pen and delete paragraphs, correct spelling, re-arrange words and put the right formatting on the thing.

One great advantage of this approach is that you can then print something out and at least feel you've done something useful. I've got 8 pages together now plus an important screen dump so it's coming along.

Also I've just sent out an email to some people on one of my lists about Section Targeting and AdSense. Right now I'm monitoring the consequent traffic levels on my sites. A couple of days back FactsAboutAdSense was ranking around 11,500 on Alexa which is reasonable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home